Find answers to all your questions about setting up services, initial evaluation & subsequent treatments, making referrals, and other common inquiries we receive.
Legacy Rehabilitation Group offers outpatient therapy & pain management services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and physician services.
Legacy Rehabilitation Group treats a wide variety of injuries and conditions, included (but not limited to) the following:
- Post-Operative Care – Joint Replacements, Tendon/Ligament Repair, Spinal Surgeries, Amputations
- Neurological Conditions – Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), ALS (Lou Gerhig’s Disease), Guillain-Barre, Myasthenia Gravis, Parkinson’s Disease
- Acute Pain/Chronic Pain
- Women’s Health – Pelvic Pain, Bowel/Bladder dysfunction, Urinary Incontinence, Pelvic Floor Weakness, Pelvic Organ Relapse, Pregnancy/Postpartum Care
- Workplace Injuries, including aches & pains from sitting/standing in one position for long periods of time
- Generalized Weakness and Gait Abnormalities
At Legacy Rehabilitation Group we are committed to helping you get the results you want. Our multidisciplinary approach and use of the medical rehabilitation model ensures your treatments are backed by research. Our team of therapists, with a range of specialties, are all focused on providing patient-centered care specific to your situation and recovery goals.
CORF stands for Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility. As one of the only local independent clinics with this certification, we operate under high standards of care - ensuring our patients are offered research-based treatments that get the highest possible outcomes.
Physical therapy is often recommended by most providers as a crucial treatment to pain. Not only does this offer an alternative to taking sometimes addictive pain medications, it can also help reduce pain in the future. Through strengthening and flexibility exercises, manual therapy, and postural awareness, many of our patient find that their pain is reduced or eliminated. Be sure to consult with your doctor before starting any treatments for your acute or chronic pain.
Setting Up Services
- Ready to schedule your initial evaluation? Call us at 763-267-6654 or Request an Appointment.
- Based on your schedule and specific care plan, additional treatment appointments will be scheduled after your initial evaluation.
- Central Clinic - 800 Boone Ave N #135, Golden Valley, MN Get Directions Now.
- Satellite Clinics - Legacy Rehabilitation Group works with select Assisted Living communities to bring outpatient and pain management services on-site to these residents and surrounding community. View our Locations, to find a clinic closest to you.
We are currently available to schedule appointments Monday-Friday 7:00am-6:00pm. If you are needing after-hours or weekend appointments, Please call us at 763-267-6654
- Yes. However, if you do not have doctor’s orders, we will gladly collaborate with your primary physician to request orders on your behalf.
- If you already have doctor’s orders for outpatient therapy, you can either fax them to us at 763-267-6653 or bring them with you to your first appointment.
- We are in-network with most major insurance companies, Depending on your specific plan, there may be a co-pay for receiving outpatient therapy services. Check with your insurance company ahead of time to find out your specific benefits.
- Remember to bring copies of your insurance information to your initial evaluation to ensure you are getting the most out of your insurance coverage.
- Find out more information about insurance coverage
Initial Evaluation & Subsequent Treatments
After ensuring any needed paperwork is completed, you will work one-on-one with a licensed therapist to develop a plan of care that will help you get back to doing the things you love. The occupational or physical therapist will assess your current abilities, then create and discuss your individualized recovery plan and timeline. Once this is complete, you often have time to actually begin your treatment - many patients see benefits of therapy after their very first appointment.
Initial Evaluations typically last about one hour. After this appointment, the frequency and duration of subsequent treatments will depend on your specific care plan.
Loose fitting, comfortable clothes with tennis shoes is almost always the best option.
Before you leave your initial evaluation, we will schedule your next appointment with you. If you need to cancel or change an appointment, simply give us a call at 763-267-6654.
Other Common Questions
Yes. The highest quality of service occurs when there is collaboration between healthcare professionals who provide you with care. We are happy to communicate with your community doctor, specialist, or surgeon to ensure you have continuity of care.
At Legacy Rehabilitation Group, we always welcome qualified medical professionals to submit their resumes on our Careers page.